Saturday 25 January 2014

SECRET 7": DEVELOPMENTS

From my initial idea's the main design I wanted to move forward with was the idea of texture back ground to represent the music and the lip design. Below are some developments I had created in order to execute my ideas.

Textural: To create my pattern I took a handmade texture I had made, scanned it in and using the liquidfy tool on Photoshop to create the design. I then changed the hue and saturation to make the image have purple accents as this is prominent colour that Lorde uses. I experimented with applying extra layers over the top and experimenting with the filter tools.

(original image made using water colours.)










Digital Collage: From my initial sketches I incorporated lips into one of my design. I then thought with the textural designs I experimented with above I could develop them further by doing some digital collage. I experimented with brushes and colour filters to create these array of outcomes.














Geometric: Following this I then thought I could experiment a little further with some geometric shapes, using the shape tool in Photoshop. 






From these developments I really like the textural pattern with the lips collaged together. From everything I liked these designs as my main designs.




After much consideration and asking my peers which design they preferred, I decided to choose the second design as my final. 

No comments:

Post a Comment