Thursday 15 May 2014

FESTIVAL PROMOTIONAL VIDEO PRODUCTION

For my promotional video I wanted to create the video myself but due to time restraints and the location this proved to be a problem. With this in mind I spoke to lorraine to discuss the ways in which I could overcome the problem.

She suggested that I look into creating and proposing a story board for my festival video to see how I could tackle this part of my branding.

I then took a large piece of paper and experimented with a few story board ideas. Lorrainne advised me to use 9 frames for my story boards to create an even amount of shots.

Story Board 1

<images>

Story Board 2

<images>

From these story boards I really liked story board and wanted to really reproduce it. I already knew how to use some iMovie software that I had on my computer, so I decided to see if I could download and use other clips from videos to include in my work.




I downloaded videos from youtube saving them in mpeg 4 formats and then merging the designs together using cross fade video settings and cut and paste techniques.


I then started deleting the sound from the videos and overlaying the sound with my own backing tracks from artists that would perform at the festival.



I kept perfecting this process until I recreated something that was somewhat similar to my story board. Overall I really wanted to create my own video using my own clips but through my research ad trying out new techniques I was able to create something with the tools that I had as a designer and was really pleased with the outcome. I think the video look quite professional from having a first initial go at it and is a new skill I can build upon for other modules.

No comments:

Post a Comment