Saturday 23 November 2013

DESIGN FOR PRINT: STOCK EXPERIMENTS

After my visit to Sydney Beaumont I brought some A2 coated mount board as potential cover stock, I decided to experiment with this stock to see if it was suitable and see what finish it could create.

When speaking to Matt at woodwork, he explained that the stock might be hard to fold and that with my method for binding it could cause some difficulties. Keeping this in mind I still went ahead with experimentation to see if a coated stock was something I wanted to use.




Using both my red and black stock I decided to cut out A5 cover designs using different cutting methods which are displayed below.

cut through

cut through + raster

cut through + raster

kiss cut + cut through

engrave + raster.

Considering all of the different outcomes, the one I thought would work best was the simple cut through. I chose to go ahead with this design as a final because my page stock would work well underneath my design and it kept consistency throughout the design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment