Thursday 21 November 2013

DESIGN FOR PRINT: WRITTEN CONTENT

This is how my books are split up into three sections.

The content for each of the books will be split into Stock, Print Processes, FinishesColour & Format. Then Artwork, Printing & Cost. Finally Glossary & Contacts. I will use the research I have gathered both primary and secondary to use in my booklets. I will also collect all the source imagery and info-graphics that I want to include in my work also. I will also collect and cut to size samples that are featured in the book for my stock pallet page in book 1. I will trim them all down to the same size and bind them using the pamphlet stitch method.

Book One
For The Love Of - Print.

Intro

Contents

Substrates  
What is a substrate?
Paper types.        
GSM.                   
Alternative stock. 
Stock pallet.   

Printing
Screen printing.
Letterpress.
Digital printing.
Lithography.

Finishing
Foiling
Emboss + deboss
Laser cut
Varnishes

Colour
RGB + CMYK
Duo Tone
Pantone
Spot Colour

Format
What is format?
A size
B size
C size


Book Two
For The Love Of - Art.

Intro

Contents

Setting Up
Images
Text + font
Uses for print
Serif + san serif
Outlines
File formats

Printing
Print considerations
Margins
Slug area
Grids + guides
Bleed
Cost

Experiment
Artwork paper

Book Three
For The Love Of - Design.

Intro

Contents
Glossary
Designers
Studios
Books
Facilities
Contacts

No comments:

Post a Comment