Wednesday 27 November 2013

DESIGN FOR PRINT + WEB: INTIAL IDEAS

From the last group session, I wanted to write down some concepts while they were fresh in my mind.


I cam up with a variation of themes and decided upon choosing a restaurant that was targeted at business professionals aged 25-40. Who have a middle - high class background and want to escape from the monotony of the office work and enjoy a fine dining experience.

Considering the theme of my restaurant being solely based on typography I had to think of a suitable name. I didn't want to use the brief name 'mutton quad' because it wouldn't go with my initial idea's of the restaurant. I thought the best way for me to find a good name was to look at typographic terminology.





Typographical Terms

I looked at the words that were named after hight points in letterforms due to my restaurant being based on a roof. 

These words are arch, ascender, apex, counter, hook. 

Out of all the names I liked ascender as I initially thought I could work with a lot of the letterforms and thought it sounded sophisticated and sleek which goes with the theme of my restaurant.

After selecting the name for my restaurant I then went onto specifying the themes within my restaurant and what I wanted it to obtain / create.




From specifying this, I then had to consider which path I wanted to go down for the brief. I wanted to go with creating the majority of the work through printed collateral. I then drew up another brainstorm of the potential things I could create.


I thought of a variation of good idea's, if someone of these couldn't be created in the time I have given myself for the brief, I would go onto making digital proposals of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment