Saturday 26 October 2013

DESIGN FOR WEB: INITIAL IDEA'S

After my further analysis on what I could do for my website, I decided to spend more time thinking of ways to expand and also create a strong concept.

I started brainstorming my ideas by writing down as many things I could think of that linked to magazine covers.


This then lead me onto thinking about what I could and wanted to communicate to a potential audience.


Finally I started to create a multitude of possible paths to go down for this website brief.


With this in mind I then came up with the idea to create a website based upon composition as this was something I was interested in.


I then thought about what is was about composition that interested me in regards to magazine covers I had research into over my summer brief. I then thought that the magazines I had been looking at had really alternative approaches to how the displayed their content on the covers and decided to focus upon that. 

The website would be based around the themes I discussed in my further analysis post. Acting as a source of inspiration for young creative to look at.


The next step in my development was to think of a name for the website which would enable me to start designing. In the end I decided to choose the name 'Editorial Edge' due to the fact it explained what the website would feature and the style of magazines I would be featuring.

This brainstorming process really helped me develop my idea's further and doing the concept building workshops over the course of the module has helped me think about things more than I usually would.

No comments:

Post a Comment