Wednesday 1 January 2014

DESIGN FOR PRINT + WEB: STOCK / ACESSORIES

For my printed collateral I proposed the use of vinyl stickers to create my table wear and other accessories. 

I spoke to James in the print room and he advised the closest vinyl stockists were Major Signs. I order half a meter of white vinyl for £2.50.


I then took a trip into town to find other accessories for my print and went to Clas Olsen. I found the majority of the items I wanted and picked up a few extras for experiments. All together theses cost me £18.





I managed to get a table water jar, candle holder and I picked up some preservation jars for experimentation. 
I thought I could put pasta inside the jars as either a selling item or a feature design behind the bar.

The rest of my items were things I already had in my house which included, wine glass, plate, bowl and reservation frame.

Production

As soon I got my vinyl, I went to drop in and got my stickers cut. 





The stock wasn't as good as Sydney Beaumont's, however I was able to scalpel out the shapes and apply them to my designs which can be seen below.






I really enjoyed the vinyl sticker process as I felt that my work was slowly but surly coming together. I felt by adding these it created a really strong brand identity for my print and web

No comments:

Post a Comment