Thursday 13 February 2014

TYPOGRAPHIC POETRY: BRIEF

I was contacted by a women who saw some of my work on Behance, who wanted me to create 4 typographic posters based on a poem that she had written called 'Shelly's Vision'. The poem is based around how society portrays beauty and the struggle for women to accept themselves. 

I felt that this was project would be something interesting to take on because it's something I haven't really experimented in and would be a new challenge for myself. I also thought the poem was really powerful and the project would be a small turn around as initially it was only digital posters that were being created.

Clients Requirements


  • Yellows and green colour scheme
  • A poetic style / hand rendered font
  • A by line - Michelle Van de Blair
With the clients requirements discussed, I thought the next step for me to take in the development of this project was to research into poetic / typographic poster styles as source of influence for the project. I think this project will be a really interesting task as this is something I have never done before and taking someones poems and making them into posters will be a new challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment