Thursday 13 February 2014

OPEN DOORS: PROJECT MANAGEMENT

In talks with Frances there have been a lot of idea's about what the magazine could potentially be and aesthetic of it. I had a few concerns on what the client wanted in regards to the printed finishes of the magazine, content and distribution. I decided to speak to Fred about these concerns and he suggested these points

  • Focus on designing the branding of the magazine / guidelines for the client and let them move forward with production.
  • Set up a roles and responsibilities so that you know where you stand in regards to the project.
  • Possibly include a 3rd year graphic design student to help with production.
  • Be clear and honest with what you can do in regards to contribution to the brief.
Fred expressed that it was important that I had these concerns and talking to him helped me clarify on what I needed to do in order to make progression with the project.

I then arranged a meeting with Frances and had a discussion on what she wanted from me and the magazine.
She presented these presentation boards that she made to be as a basis of what she wanted to create.

Design idea's: A black and white cover with silver foiling.





Distribution idea's: To be distributed in Village, Handpicked hall and Colours may vary.



Additional idea's: A contributors book with an illustrative style.


Stock Samples: A collection of stock samples that Frances wants to use for the magazine.


After discussing what she wanted, we then discussed my roles in regards to the collaboration which are listed below. I think the roles I have been given are manageable and will work within my time frame for this module.

Frances also suggested that I would accompany her to pitches to companies for the magazine that I am also happy to do.

My Roles

  • To create a Tumblr blog for the magazine.
  • Create brand guidelines for the magazine.
  • A mock up layout for the publication.
  • Typographic logo's for Scott Nash and Larrissa Drozd




No comments:

Post a Comment