Thursday 8 May 2014

FESTIVAL POSTERS

For my festival, I wanted to create two posters, one advertising the event and another listing the line up. With these two posters in mind I really wanted to use my own photography for the event, but due to typical english weather and actually having no decent quality photos from festivals I have been to, I decided to use some photo's from the internet.

When looking for photo's it was really hard to find images that where of a high quality and and would reproduce at big size for A2 or A1 printing. I decided to use some festival fashion photography images that were at a larger scale initially.





But after a few experiments I felt that it didn't really represent the look of a festival and decided to experiment with more atmospheric photography that was displayed in my research.


I again experiment with this image and I felt it instantly worked in regards to a festival poster but due to the poor image quality I decided to try and find more appropriate posters.

After a while I found a decent images and decided to follow my branded guidelines in the production of my work. 





 I took the image and put the gradient over it to create a trio tone image, which is used throughout my packaging.




I then transferred the image into indesign and set up a grid and to ensure that all the text would be aligned appropriately. 

Line Up 

For the line up poster I wanted to list the artists name so that it would be in a similar to my previous poster and experimented with different grids and layout until I found something that worked.




referring back to my branding guidelines my logo was proposed as always being central so I further developed the poster to fit in with that aesthetic.




Using the same grid I also applied the relevant information to the poster to ensure that it would work.

Production

I got my poster printed at Hobbs also and they came out slightly pixilated although the image resolution was at 300 dpi. Possibly due to the size but overall I was really pleased with the visual quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment