Thursday 8 May 2014

FESTIVAL LANDYARD

For my festival lanyard I had to break up my design into categories of the stages, artists and activities.

I broke down the stages by calling them different names according to the artists playing there.

Main Stage: Popular artists in the current charts and have a big worldwide recognition ranging from pop - indie.
Future Sounds: New and up comming artists and DJ's.
Solstice: The 'hottest' house and drum and bass artists and DJ's.
Maribu: Named after a music label specific to underground and urban talent.

With the stage names identified I then started to use the different colours in branding to break up the 3 day weekend using friday / saturday and sunday as the colours.

From my initial ideas I then started to create my design working on a A7 format as this is something that is considered the most appropriate size for festival branding from my research.

I set the grids using lines for each of the artists names and times that they would be playing also including the stage name and day.

Friday Line Up






With this layout already established I simply applied it to the rest of the festival designs, which are listed below.

Saturday Line Up




Sunday Line Up





Extra information






I then decided to add some extra pages detailing people about the different facilities we have including, entertainment, shopping, the beach and further information.

With the design complete I was really pleased with how it looked and felt it fit in with the branded aesthetics. 

Production

For the production of my festival programme I left it really late to reproduce it myself, unfortunately. So I decided to get it printed and laminated at Hobbs reprographics in the city centre. By not using my time wisely I spend about £20 on the lanyard, which I could have possibly reproduced myself at a cheaper price. However the festival lanyard looked really professional and well executed.

Landyard

Another idea that I really wanted to do with the lanyard was to have branded neckties, but again after contacting a few companies I was informed again that the minimum orders were at 500. I then thought of another alternative buy using a binding ring and some ribbon which might look legible  After buying some ribbon I cut it to size and had a fashion student sewn it together for me and it worked really effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment