Wednesday 13 November 2013

DESIGN FOR WEB: EXTERNAL LINKS PRODUCTION

In my proposal for design for web, I thought that external pages linking to a Pinterest and Instagram account would be most appropriate for my website as these are two of the main social networks that are based around imagery. Also for the tone of voice and my audience who are creative students. In my research of magazine it was also a common theme were websites that were linked to fashion editorials had Instagram pages.

Pinterest

For my Pinterest page, I decided to break down the boards according to magazine covers. This way the user could select there favourite magazine from the website and look even further into a particular magazine and pin it to their collections.



Each board had six images on total with all the information about who, what and where is was created. With active links so they can go to the pages original website if they wanted to find out even more information.




Instagram

For my Instagram page I followed the same process of uploading the images to the page. Instagram uses a square shape to upload images, however I sources an app call 'instasize' that allowed me to upload the images in full so that the covers wouldn't be cut down.




instagram online



instagram smartphone


Overall the process of creating these external links wasn't very hard, it look quite a lot of time upload the images as they all had to be done individually and then adding the content also. However I think the pages look  good and flow consistently with the aesthetics of my website. I think this was an important thing for me to include as it shows more than one way in which this information can be distributed and keeping up to date with what my target audience can relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment