Friday 7 February 2014

RESEARCH BOOK: INTIAL IDEA'S

To start the process of my book I decided to create a series of initial idea's to help develop my idea's. Looking into concept, format and so on.

Concept

From my research about the branding of music events I felt I had to condense the information down to a solid topic for me to focus on. I did this by creating a brainstorm on the possibly routes I could go down with this subject.


From my brainstorm I decided to focus on looking into the Parklife festival, as this is something I have experienced and know a lot of background information about. I chose the Parklife festival due to its visual aesthetic and is something I find interesting in regards to design and personal interests. I brainstormed all the options I could go look into with the festival as an initial idea.




After making this decision I wanted to make sure that this would be substantial enough for the brief, so I spoke to Phil and Lorraine. They advised me to possibly look further into more music events to gain a bigger understanding. From this I decided I to focus on music events branding in manchester with a particular focus on PIN studio's which is a design agency. I chose to focus on this studio because they are responsible for music events that I like aesthetically and have been to which would be good for primary research.

Format

For the format of my publication I mocked up a multitude of designs that I could possibly use that would be relevant to my design. One of the main things I wanted to do with the publication was to create synthesis between the information and the design so I had the idea of creating a music style zine.



I created an idea of having a flyer sized book that would be secured with a pin that spins round with different designed pages on each side. This would create synthesis with the music and a publication with the way in which the format is designed.




I also created a mini publication with an insert on the inside with mini pages for extra content for images or primary research. The size of the publication also replicates a music flyer size.

Layout

For the layout of my design I wanted to create a zine style / swatch of flyer sized work. I created a few initial sketches of what I wanted to do with each layout of the book.

1.

2.

3.



Name

I then started to brainstorm some further idea's on what I could call the book and created another brainstorm



With these initial ideas proposed and concepts builded upon I felt that I had created a better grasp on what I wanted to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment