Friday 21 February 2014

TYPOGRAPHIC POETRY: DEVELOPMENT

With the clients font chosen I decided to start creating the posters, I set up an A3 document up in Photoshop and another A3 document in Illustrator for the type.

For the main colours for the image I used some watercolour textures that I had made by hand using acrylic and water paints and them scanned in. 


 

I then manipulated the textures to fit the A3 board so that the texture would run through the whole page like a painted canvas. 



01.

I then applied text and started experimenting with the colour values to see the potential range I could create to see if they were better than the original image.




I then followed the same process for the rest of the posters, developing and experimenting with a range of outcomes for the brief.

02.






03.



04.




From these developments I sent them all over the client and she selected the final 4 that she wanted to have as her potential posters.



I then decided to mock the up digitally as the client just wanted the files and for them to printed and framed herself. I sent the client the files in both, tiff, jpeg and pdf format to maintain the image quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment