Thursday 24 April 2014

FESTIVAL SURVIVAL KIT

After my progression crit, everyone really liked the idea of a festival survival kit. I decided to look at some packaging nets of designs that I could potentially use.



collapsible tray and lid

one piece tray and lid


anchor pad box



From the nets I really liked the design tray and sleeve style. I felt that this would be most appropriate because it was compact and concealed so that the items wouldn't fall out. 

Due to having some success with my CD Cover I then decided to use the same process again, to create time for me to develop other outcomes.






Production


I used the net and black stock to create the design and sent it to the laser cut for production.



I then folded and applied double sided sticky tape to the tabs and enclosed the packing for both the seleeve and the box.



For the sleeve I then cut out the gradient and applied it on the inside using magic tape. I did consider using double sided sticky tape and spray mount but I though it would prevent the box from opening or ruin the design quaility. In choosing this metho I do this the f=crafting element made it look less professional, but with my materials I had I felt that this would be the most appropriate format.


After production I then added some tissue paper in the branded colours ready for the proposed product to sit in.

I really liked the process of creating this survula kit, I think by securing the gradient pattern with magic tape did lower it's quality but due to using magic tape it would be easy to remove it I have time to use another method. Overall I am really happy with the box and will focus on what product to put inside it.

No comments:

Post a Comment