Tuesday 22 April 2014

PROGRESS CRIT

Today we had a critique on what we have done so far with studio brief 2 and our progress so far.

I had a selection of boards on what I wanted to propose and create a wrote a selection of messages for my peers to answers.

1. Do you think the proposed deliverables are enough for the brief, or could you recommend any?


  • There is a substantial amount of work I would consider including a t.shirt.
  • Could have branded water bottles, way finding e.g campsite signage, stage graphics, staff and shirts.
  • Like the idea of a survival kit, this hasn't been created for other festivals before.
  • Include way finding and signage but there is deffinatley a good amount of proposed deliverables.
  • Way finding ect, guide on lanyards w/acts, times locations ect.
2. What would you like to see / except at a music festival?
  • A ball pit
  • Perhaps more info about the line up and times schedules ect. this could be included in the survival kit which could be ant out with tickets.
  • Music, food stalls, clothes shops, chargers, toilets, henna tattoos, other non music activities, bars.
  • Along with bands I would like to see a lot of art sculptures, painting and posters. Activities, screen print work shop and places to chill, smaller tents, bars ect..
  • Guerilla marketing or a promo video would be a good way to advertise.

3. Can you recommend what I can do to make my festival stand out. e.g theme, colour?

  • Viral marketing
  • Think BIG propose projections, massive banners, taxi vinyl adverts, could have sponsors.
  • Different architecture, decor, secret gigs, could reveal information, secrets gigs on app shortly before they happen.
  • Info pack with tickets, secret location and map and creative advertisements 

I also had an extended one on one crit with lorraine on what I could potentially look into for my brief. I explained my plan and what I wanted to propose and took some notes on her advice for the project.
  • A festival abroad - why? 
  • Different music genres to cater to a wider audience
  • Stages and different acts
  • International - people from the UK - local residents
  • Look into online forums about festivals
  • Whats applicable and not from your research
  • Contact DFGA and Viscom or Andy and Martin form 3rd for video

I really found this crit beneficial with me finding out what I need to do next and consider for this brief. I decided to write out an action plan of things for me to complete for the brief in the form of a time sheet in order for me to work out my time effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment